Well, first off, the sleep prayers were not answered. His Nickness was up twice last night as has been his norm for a while now. I'm so not amused.
Second update is good tho. I've been really following WW well for the last two weeks, really pushing to get to Curves and pushing myself when I'm there, and I am now down 2.8lbs in that time. I definitely think I've found the way for me to manage my sweet tooth which has been one of my biggest downfalls and I've found a good way to get exercise into my life. I hope to add more walks and such once summer hits and try to create some routines that can follow me through the school year. One thing I'm very happy about is that I didn't lose a ton right off the bat and get hit with the "you're starving me" munchies from my body. I had that for one day and did my best to feed it without totally giving in to it and while it did result in a temporary gain, it was easily brought back under control. I'm managing to keep my snacking healthy and light but still satisfying which I think is also a big part of it. Here's hoping I can continue to be a loser! LOL
Testing update. Testing is over for another year. Not sure how things will be handled next year with Christopher tho I'm sure there is more testing to be had in high school. Jonathan was asking constantly when he would get to do testing and was quite happy to hear that he'd be going off next year for it. LOL
Found out more details about Jonathan's summer school. It's not actually summer school which would be 4hrs/day and just concentrating on math and lang arts but true extended school year which means 5hrs/day and all subjects he is currently enrolled in. Basically, continue doing what we've been doing all the way through July. Bit harsh for a little guy imo, especially since it's really just because he needs to continue to receive his services but we'll work around it and make sure he has plenty of fun things to do too. That does mean I have zero incentive to push him to finish anything during the actual school year tho. We will just maintain an easier, slower pace and not stress. I just hope we don't get some nazi of a summer school teacher who will be all over our case if he isn't doing the minimum number of hours and lessons per day. He is already signed up to do a MWF summer camp at the beginning of July and I'm not pulling him out of that. I'll do some simple reading with him those days and we always end up doing some school work on the weekends anyway so that can count towards it. I'm sort of hoping we end up with Julie for our summer school teacher. I know she won't care at all what we do and I can handle her for that short assignment.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
If distressing emotions such as anger were in the very nature of the mind, then from its inception the mind would always have to be angry. Obviously, this is not so. Only under certain circumstances do we become angry.
State of my sink: Shiny!
Morning routine: In progress (a bit behind schedule cause I caught up on some sleep this morning)
No comments:
Post a Comment