Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Company endorsement

I always like to point out the good companies as well as point fingers at the bad ones so here's my new endorsement. Nico got hooked on Fruitabu fruit twirls last year when I was able to buy them from Costco. Well, Costco stopped carrying them and no one else around here did either so I finally bit the bullet and ordered them directly from the company's store online on April 21. I got an email from UPS the next day saying that they had received the billing information and I should have my package on the 24th. Well, on the 30th I still had not received anything and the UPS site still only said that the billing information had been received so I called the number on the email invoice and got a garbled answering service system so I emailed them. Next day I still had not heard back so I found a slightly different email and emailed them again. Following day, still had not heard anything so emailed yet again and told them if I didn't hear soon I was going to have my bank reverse the charges for the order. I also found a phone number for their parent company, Kashi, and left a message there saying what had happened. I finally received an email on Saturday stating that my package had been shipping out and would be here on Monday.

I know right now, you are likely thinking "so why would you endorse this company?". Valid question. Pat from Kashi called back on Tuesday to follow up with me and see what the state of things were. I told her what had happened and that I had finally gotten my order but it had taken two weeks and numerous emails. She apologized profusely and said that was definitely not acceptable from one of their companies and that she hoped we would give them another chance in the future.

Today when we got home from playgroup there was a package from Pat. She sent along 4 boxes of their smooshed fruit and several loose fruit twirls! Nico went crazy when he saw them (we are now having to hide all of this because he was refusing to eat anything else and his poor bottom was getting rashy due to too much fruit, poor baby) so I let him have one and we are well set for quite a while (I had placed quite the order before as well). I just thought it was the sweetest thing for her to do as I had told her how much the boys loved them and how much I loved the fact that they were organic fruit snacks for them rather than the over processed sugar candy that is more readily available. I like that I can put some of them in my purse and carry them in my car and know that I'm giving my boys a snack that at least provides some nutrition and real fruit rather than just crap.

So yep, we'll be buying from them again...or at least dropping a bug in the new store opening up to carry these products. LOL

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
With the realization of ones' own potential and self-confidence in ones' ability, one can build a better world. According to my own experience, self-confidence is very important. That sort of confidence is not a blind one; it is an awareness of ones' own potential. On that basis, human beings can transform themselves by increasing the good qualities and reducing the negative ones.

No comments: