Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Playgroup


As much as I LOVE the playgroup that formed up with Matthew and all the stuff that we still manage to do with each other, there is only one other child close to Nico's age there and it's just not fair for poor Nico to never see other kids his age except when mommy can manage to get him to gymnastics so I bit the bullet, kept my membership with the CMC and we are trying out the playgroup for Jan-June '06 babies today. I know a couple of the moms in there from gymnastics (apparently they were going on Tues mornings for a bit during the same time period we were) so that's nice. Today it was at the park but seemed to be a slow day for the playgroup members to show up. I do hope that everything works out well and that over the summer, we can make some friends and we are accepted enough that they won't mind my having to bring the bigger boys with me. I know at least one of the other mom's has a 12yr old boy so hopefully when summer is in, Chris will have someone to play with.

Nico had fun chasing and being chased and even some actual "cooperative" play time with other kids his age. I have to say I was most impressed with the fact that one of the other little boys was throwing sand at Nico and a little girl pushed him and he didn't even seem to think about retaliating. I made sure to make a big deal out of what a good boy he was being not to throw sand or hit back and that I was proud of him for being such a "big boy".

Jonathan was having a good time running around and enjoying some much needed outside park time. I'll admit, I've been bad since the homeschool park day interfers with Nico's nap and we haven't gone since Matthew's injury. I do plan on alternating our Thursdays between playgroup and park day and we'll just make it work somehow with nap schedule. I wasn't as worried about it while the boys were in bowling but now that's over, I want to make sure they have some time to get out and connect with their friends and the rest of the homeschooling crowd.

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

What adorable pictures! He is such a cutey. I of course printed things out to share with Grandma. Big Pictures and the blog for reading. She loves it.
Love
Mom