Thursday, May 22, 2008

Third day down, now getting ready for the weekend

Well, we made it through day 3 with no casualties I'm happy to say. Managed to actually get some schoolwork done before heading out and got to the city early enough that we could walk to one of the chocolate stores before dropping Matthew off for his focus group and finished up with the second store right as Mark arrived. Had dinner with Mike and Rita which would have been more pleasant if a) I hadn't had to take Nico for a 20+ min walk and b) Mark and Mike hadn't been talking Whiskey Bros. crap the entire time. *rolling eyes*

The funny part of the day was getting recognized at both chocolate stores (gee, think I'm there a little too often LOL) and talking to the young woman at Cocoa Bella's about the convention this weekend. She can't make it because of work but will be trying to make the one in October. Small world sometimes. She also asked when I showed up with just 3 what had happened to the other one to which I replied I had sold him into slavery that he was at a focus group and I'd be picking him up later. The nice man at Teuscher's gave the boys a little chocolate bee again as we were getting ready to leave because "they are so well mannered and know how to spend their money so well". Yes, truly, that is what he said.

Matthew had a good time tho and was happy to have some cash in his pocket. He paid me back for his I-cy Penguin and has spending money for the convention this weekend so that's really nice.

Bummer was coming home tho and finding out that the focus group I was supposed to participate in today had their requirements changed by the client (again) so I'm no longer eligible. I was hoping to become a rep for one of those companies where you sell at parties and the money from that would have just covered the start-up costs. There are no other reps in this area that I can find (looking on the company's website) so I was very excited about the opportunity. I'll just have to go easy on the chocolate and books for a month and save it up somehow.

So today is a quieter day trying to finish up the laundry and get a bunch of schoolwork done and then do all the packing tonight since we have to be out of here tomorrow at 9:30a. Tho, then again, I guess quieter depends on your perspective of things. I've already had to strip Nico's bed because he managed to pour his entire cup of tea all over all his bedding so that is in the wash and I've talked to Jonathan's teacher to make sure our attendance will be taken care of tomorrow on time if I forget in the morning since they are running the reports in the afternoon while we'll be on a field trip. The neat thing in that conversation tho was that since Jonathan is doing extended school year and is already past 80% in Math2 (remember, he's in 1st grade currently) that she can order Math3 for him and we can work on it this summer if we choose. I decided to go ahead and have her order it with the understanding that there is no pressure to work on it, it's simply there if we want to but you should have seen the look on his face when he found out that he was getting the next level of Math. LOL

I'm trying to look forward to the convention but it's hard knowing that Mark is going to be working at his party Sat and Sun so our time together will be limited. Since the whole purpose of the party is pouring whiskey and other drinks, it's not really where I want to have the kids hanging out. kwim?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
Altruism and forgiveness bring humanity together so that no conflict, however serious, will go beyond the bounds of what is truly human.

No comments: