Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Bowling season is over!

Well, another season over and done with although I have to say it's been the most interesting one yet. Who would have guessed at the beginning of the season that the "will turn" 2yr old would end up taking 2nd place in the bumper league....
ahead of his 7yr old brothers 3rd place....
and score a 114 during their fun bowl time before awards were handed out....


including throwing by himself without the ramp a strike on his first ball of the day??? Nope, I wouldn't have either. It does seem logical tho considering his predisposition for mayhem and destruction that throwing large, heavy objects in an attempt to knock stuff over is something that he would be quite good at. But the reality is that after throwing a few (and right at naptime), he does start to get tired and the balls will start slowing down and eventually start rolling back down the lane towards him rather than towards the pins. That's when the ramp comes in handy (when you can get him to use it)...






Now normally, I'm the one taking Matthew's position in keeping Nico in line but I couldn't very well photograph and be int hat position too now could I?! And with my bum ankle, it was much easier to stand against the wall and shoot than chase Nico so Matthew kindly obliged by putting his game on hold for a little bit to come help with Nico. Thank you Matthew!

Not to be outdone by his little brother, Jonathan bowls with a great deal of gusto (and a whole lot of running, jumping, and throwing 6lb balls high into the air)


And last but not least, here are all the boys with their trophies (and Monka)....


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
As far as your personal requirements are concerned, the ideal is to have ewer involvements, fewer obligations, and fewer affairs, business or whatever. However, so far as the interest of the larger community is concerned, you must have as many involvements as possible and as many activities as possible.

(gee, ain't that the truth *sigh*)

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

114!?! I'm lucky to get something in the 70s. That's disgusting.
No Love
Mom
PS It is wonderful to see them having so much fun. Glad they are enjoying themselves. Especially Mr. Distructo.