Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Got my personal slave driver today

and OMG am I freaking sore!!!! Curves has this new Curves Smart Personal Trainer system and I finally had my appointment to get one for myself. It's an RFID tag that you sign in with and then take from machine to machine. It tracks your range of motion and reps and also your effort. It has a target effort that it's looking for from you and you see a yellow light if it doesn't get that, green if it does. It learns as you continue to workout in order to keep pushing you further towards your goals. It also keeps track of your heartrate once per rotation and will slow things down if you are too high. So it really does function like a personal trainer. I've been trying to push myself to work out a little harder since hearing about it and realizing that I wasn't working out like I should be but man, that only helped prepare me for this. Admittedly, the migraine I've had all day probably did nothing to help the way I felt afterwards but it was definitely quite the workout. Here's hoping that I can adjust quickly enough on the eating thing as well so I can actually see the weight start coming off nicely. This week was another horrid week for that as with migraines, I always crave protein or end up worshiping the porcelain god. Unfortunately, around here that usually takes the form of cheese which is not exactly the lowest calorie/fat alternative out there. :(

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.

No comments: