Thursday, May 15, 2008

Freaking hot!!!

Just not used to this type of heat where we live so it's beastly. I ended up freezing a bunch of otter pops and juice pops for tomorrow since it's supposed to be at least this hot again and sent the boys out in the backyard in their swim suits to go play in the wading pool while I made ice tea. With the help of our fans and open windows, we are surviving but oh, man, is it HOT!

The one nice thing tho is the the heat wave is that the warm air currents produced the most amazing sunset last night. I was able to grab my camera and get a few shots so I played around a bit with my white balancing:





~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
If you and I find common ground as human beings, we will communicate on a basic level. If I say, "I am a monk," or "I am a Buddhist," these are in comparison to my nature as a human being, temporary. To be human is basic, the foundation from which we all arise. You are born as a human being, and that cannot change until death. All else - whether you are educatred or uneducated, young or old, rich or poor - is secondary.

No comments: