I got just what I wanted!!! NOTHING!!! Seriously, Mark and the boys orchestrated breakfast, he had them clean up, he did the dishes, and then he took them AWAY! They all went to go see Speed Racer while I stayed home and enjoyed the silence. I read. I cross-stitched. I watched 1/2 of Shogun. I graded a crapload of school papers (you knew I couldn't go a whole day without having to get something off my to-do list LOL). We had MIL and FIL over for dinner with the huge Costco ham we've had sitting in the fridge for almost a month now (so glad to have the room in my fridge again). The boys made me a ton of stuff with model magic and were very sweet to me all day but best of all, I stayed in my pjs all day and never, ever, set foot outside. Glorious!!!
To all the mother's out there (especially mine)...
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
I believe that to meet the challenge of our times, human beings will have to develop a greater sense of universal responsibility. Each of us must learn to work not must for his or her own self, family, or nation, but for the benefit of all mankind. Universal responsibility is the real key to human survival. It is the best foundation for world peace, the equitable use of natural resources, and through concern for future generations, the proper care of the environment.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
In human beings, parents - especially mothers - and children have a special bond. Mother's milk is a sign of this affection. We are created that way. The child's survival is entirely dependent on someone else's affection.
1 comment:
Yeah for taking it easy!
I did laundry and the books for all my groups. No day off for me.
But the boys did take me to dinner. It will do.
Happy Mother's Day to my favorite daughter now Mother of 4 boys (well 5 if you include Mark). I have heard Speed Racer is good however.
Love
Mom
Post a Comment