Exhausting but fun time was had by all but boy is it good to be home. Mona and Julian ended up joining us for the entire convention to help get their mind off the recent loss of his grandmother. It worked out nicely as we had extra hands for Nico duty (always exhausting) which meant that Mark and I actually got some time sans kids.
The 2 oldest were able to gopher for the convention and while neither managed the 18hrs to get next years badge paid for, they both did well and several people commented on how well they behaved. Always nice to hear.
All 4 boys got to go to the boffer wars both nights. The 3 oldest stayed about an hour both times while Nico grew bored after about 20min, or once he figured out that he really wasn't going to get to cause death and destruction but just a parody of it. It was hilarious watching him swinging away at adults on their knees with a sword bigger than he was. I have to admit tho, the boy has talent as some of his moves were right out of a jedi sword fight tho at one point instead of swinging at his opponent, he put down his weapon nicely on a chair and then asked for his opponents only to put that down next to his own before picked up his again and charging back into the frey. I'll have to keep track of his friends to make sure no one starts feeding his ego and turning him farther to the dark side. I think I've got him at least considering a path of light but it wouldn't take much at this point to push him the other direction again. LOL
Mark and Mike held Whiskey Bros. parties Sat and Sun. I was a little nervous for them and I know Mike was very dubious about it but they were a hit and the boys made enough money to cover all their related con expenses, give a nice donation to the Coastside Adult Day Health Center, and rather than try to get any reimbursement for all their additional start-up expenses, they are going to get their paperwork filed for a full business and open their own checking account under the Whiskey Bros. name with the last bit. I'm very proud of them and so happy that things went so well.
So in all, a good con. Now for the fun of unpacking and getting everyone back in the groove.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
1 comment:
Wow! I remember when you used to gopher at cons. You were one of the kids that showed me the ropes!
Post a Comment