Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ugh!!! Say what you mean already!

So remember how I was saying Christopher had a playtest on Tuesday? Well, that's because the email I got said "Game Test on Tuesday" and the first line of said email said "Just a reminder about the playtest on Tuesday" but apparently what they really meant was to look at the one place where it said "4 PM – 8 PM Monday, May 19th". I saw all the Tuesday stuff and like a moron did not read every single thing in the email since I was really just scanning emails at that time. If I'd known it was going to be Monday I never would have even bothered signing up for it since I knew Matthew had his Drs appointment which would have interfered with it. As crazy as I am, I know that a 2:30p Drs appointment in one town and a 4p playtest in another town 20 miles away are just not compatible. Especially when you can pretty much guarantee that the Dr will run late as always.

*sigh* So now I have a grumpy teenager on my hands because the last survey he went in for, he was excused because they had enough participants and now this on the dates got messed up. Hate to tell you this buddy, but that's life.

*****UPDATE*****
Just got a phone call from the guy in charge of the playtest to say that the Monday was a mistake and it really is tonight. It's hard to think of when I've seen Christopher happier but suffice-to-say there was much hooting and hollering and jumping around going on here when I relayed the message. So now, commence crazy schedule again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
We tend to indulge in religious favoritism by saying "I belong to this or that religion," rather than making effort to control our agitated minds. This misuse of religion, due to our disturbed minds, also creates problems sometimes.

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

I know you're crazy, but I hope the play testing works out for Christopher. I know how much he loves computer games.
Love
Mom