Monday, May 05, 2008

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow

Stupid freaking ankle turned on my today when I was walking to the truck. I didn't do anything weird, just walking like I've done 1000s of times in the last 10yrs we've lived here but it just twisted right under me and I came down hard. Put ice on it and Advil in me but oh, man, it freaking hurts! Slight swelling even now (30min later with elevation and constant ice) and of course, Mark has a release tonight so it's just me and the kiddos.

I'm just really looking forward to trying to help Nico bowl tomorrow if it's really badly sprained. Normally I'd skip (I've done a lot of that this session) but it's the pizza party and awards and I'd hate for the kids to miss it. I may just be bowling on a crutch.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
If there is one area in which both education and the media have a special responsibility, it is, I believe, our natural environment. This responsibility has less to do with questions of right or wrong than with the question of survival. The natural world is our home. It is not necessarily sacred or holy. It is simply where we live.


State of my sink: Need to get today's dishes in the dishwasher. Just not sure how I'm going to do that yet. *sigh*

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

Owie - Take care of yourself. Hope it feels better quickly.
And if you ever figure out how you do that, let me know, so may be I won't do it again.
Love
Mom