Monday, May 19, 2008

52:42 Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

So I've been hearing a lot about these books on Shelfari and they keep being recommended to me on Amazon since I read LKH so I figured, wth, I'll give them a try. I have to say the first one was ok. Nothing spectacular. I actually had to force myself to keep reading after the first chapter because it was slooooooow and the writing style was grating on my nerves. It did get better towards the middle and the finish was ok so I'll continue to give this series a chance for a few more books to see how things go. I remember I felt the same way about the first Anita Blake book and while I think in some ways the series has now gone downhill and the author lost her way with the character, the middle books were very good and it's showing signs of getting back on track a bit so maybe there is hope for this series too.

No comments: