Friday, May 09, 2008
52:34 Bonjour, Babar! The Unabriged Original 6 Tales by Jean De Brunhoff
I remember vividly the first two stories of Babar from my own childhood even to remembering the pictures and book covers. I have no idea why I hadn't gotten it into my head to get them for my boys before now. This volume was an absolutely beautiful book. All 6 of the original tales in one hardbound edition. The same enchanting stories that I remember plus 4 that I don't remember ever having read before. Wonderful stories to delight a child's imagination and what better way to read them as an adult except to be curled up with one or more children on your lap or at your side as you share them together. Truly, one of those childhood classics that every child should have on their bookshelf with Curious George, Madeline, and the Wizard of Oz (ok, there are a lot more that I think belong on every shelf but I'll stop there).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment