So today was basically spent with everyone in recovery mode. The boys didn't do much sleeping at their grandparents (big surprise there) and Matthew didn't do much sleeping here and between it all, I didn't do much sleeping either. So we were all pretty much running on 4hrs or less of sleep today. Blech!
I was looking forward to trying to catch up on sleep tonight with just Matthew's calls to help him to the bathroom and wanting pain meds but he has been wanting his meds every 3hrs when they are only supposed to be given every 4. I called the drs to see what could be done and there is a bit of swelling in his fingers. Hard to tell if it was because he'd just been upright eating dinner and not had his arm elevated properly or if it's because there is a problem with the circulation so I'm off to go take a nap just in case I'm driving him back to the ER. Mark's going to check on him in an hour and then I've set my alarm to go off every 2hrs through the night so I can keep checking on him and making sure that with elevation and ice, the swelling is going down. He also has the phone and can call my cell to wake me at any time.
Ahhhh...sleep. That elusive, most sought after dream. Well, it would be a dream if I ever got any. *sigh*
******************WARNING*******************
Another pic of the break ahead....
Not good quality as this was taken with my phone while it was splinted at the ER and we were waiting for xrays. If you've seen the xrays, you can see the break in that weird bulge sticking out behind his hand. Yeah, it was bad.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
Not so long ago people believed in ideologies, systems, and institutions to save all societies. Today, they have given up such hopes and have returned to relying on the individual, on individual freedom, individual initiative, individual creativity.
State of my sink: No clue but I'm guessing not shiny. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment