Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I need this!

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/02/25/off-switch-needs-key.html
Seriously, between the older boys loving to leave lights on in rooms when they aren't in there for hours (including the bathroom all night) and Nico's fascination with turning lights on and off, I need these installed on every outlet in my house.

Now I just need something to keep him from flushing all the toilets 1000 times a day, some way to keep him from dumping every water bottle in the house, some way to keep him from dumping out all the shampoo (and dish soap if he can find that), and some way to keep him from unscrewing the caps on his sippy cups and dumping those out. Gee, any one else see a patter to this??? He is waaaaaaaaaay too good at unscrewing things in order to dump out whatever is contained within. The funny thing is...he doesn't dump his toys out of their bins or any other safe dumping activity I give him. He only wants to dump what will make the hugest mess and drive me the most nuts. Good think I love him so much cause this new dumping thing is really pretty darn annoying.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
In general, I always state that I have three commitments in life. On the level of a religious practitioner, my second commitment is the promotion of religious harmony and understanding amongst different religious traditions. Despite philosophical differences, all major world religions have the same potential to create better human beings. It is therefore important for all religious traditions to respect one another and recognize the value of each other's respective traditions.


State of my sink: Shiny!

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

I think you need the button on NICO! At 9 pm turn the switch and he goes out until 7 am, That will work. :D
I wish I could say Safety Latches, but I know he goes through those faster than an adult.
I think you're just outta luck with that kid. Thank the Maker he is cute. Otherwise I would only have 3 grandkids by now.
But it worked for you too. Though, you never were THAT busy.
Love
Mom