Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I spent how much????

So I usually go to Costco once a month with a budget of $500. I use this to buy movies, stock up on diapers, wipes, cleaning products, snacks for the kids, breakfast stuff, fruits and veggies for a week or two, meat, etc. Trust me, I usually use all of this along with the $250 I had budgeted for the weekly grocery trips. Not this time tho! I only spent $368 today and almost half of that was rarely buy items such as toner for my printer ($50 and it's the wrong thing so it's going back), olive oil ($22), and rice ($15 for a 25# bag since the 50# bag lasted us about 8yrs I think we are okay downsizing this LOL). I admit to being bad and picking up all of the Phillipa Gregory books there since they are normally $16 but I got all 5 for $50 instead. So yeah, wow! And this is after spending only $132 at Safeway yesterday which included $22 for our take-out dinner. I literally have no more room to put anything away in my house! All the shelves in my pantry are overflowing with good food that we like and will eat. I got some more beautiful meat at Safeway yesterday for wonderful prices so we'll be enjoying some of that this week and I need to find room for some of it in my freezer.

All of this is totally thanks to the Grocery Game. We are spending so much less on groceries each week and month, it's amazing! I can't wait to start really working on our budget so I can take our surplus from those items and stick it into savings! WooHoo!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insights from the Dalai Lama:
The key to a happier world is the growth of compassion. We do not need to become religious, nor do we need to believe in an ideology. All that is necessary is for each of us to develop our good human qualities.

I pray for all of us, oppressor and friend, that together we succeed in building a better world through human understanding and love, and that in doing so we may reduce the pain and suffering of all sentient beings.


State of my sink: Shiny!!!

No comments: