Sunday, February 10, 2008

Made it through the weekend

But man am I exhausted. I didn't get to bed until 3:30a this morning and slept in until 7:30a and have been going ever since. I woke Nico up at 8a and he hasn't napped either. It's almost 8p and I'm finishing some clean-up and then working on putting him to bed. I've got to grade some papers and so some lesson plans before I can head to bed tho. :(

It was a good day for the most part. My dad and his family couldn't come because my step-mom and brother were sick. My other brother flaked (the bum) and my MIL didn't make it because she invited people to come over to her house today because she totally forgot that it was Nico's party and when she remembered, it was more important to look good to her friends than spend time with him. Whatever. FIL came and presented Nico with his new trike which he loves.

He didn't finish open his pressies from us because he got the Cars Speedway Racer from my mom like 3rd present in and everything stopped for over an hour while he played with that. LOL Then he opened a few of our presents and everything stopped again for his new pirate ship. We went with lots of little $5 and $10 toys with just one slightly bigger one so he can open some tomorrow on his actual birthday. I still need to figure out what we are doing for dinner for him tomorrow night. I ended up not making the second cake for today (big mistake, lesson learned, I ALWAYS need to make 2 cakes LOL) so I'll finish that up tomorrow afternoon and we can have it after dinner. I prefer stretching things out a bit for the little ones anyway.

I did take tons of pics which I'll post when I get a chance in the next couple of days.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
Love, compassion, and concern for others are real sources of happiness. With these in abundance, you will not be disturbed by even the most uncomfortable circumstances. If you nurse hatred, however, you will not be happy even in the lap of luxury. Thus, if we really want happiness, we must widen the sphere of love. This is both religious thinking and basic common sense.


State of my sink: Not shining but not too bad. Still working to get everything picked up and dishes and such done before heading to bed.

No comments: