Monday, February 04, 2008

Just want to scream

Yep, having one of those days. I was racing around this morning trying to get ready to the grocery shopping after Nico and Jon's therapy because I can't do it tomorrow like usual because we have to be in the city at 6p and I want to get my workout this evening at Curves. The kids aren't listening at all nor are they doing what they know and have been told 1000 times to do. This week is insanely busy (more so than usual) and Mark's company at the last minute (ie. 10:30a this morning) decided that yes, he was getting on a plane at 4p to Texas. They've planned this trip 3xs and canceled all before this and even this one he was told by his boss on Friday to "be prepared to go but don't plan on going". Isn't that a really useful statement??? And this guy is supposed to be some sort of great manager? *insert lots of dripping sarcasm here* Nico is in full maniac mode too which is just making this day so much more delightful. *insert more sarcasm here*

So what do the next few days hold for me? Let's take a look:

*Tonight - Big boys have KSW. I did not do the grocery shopping this morning since Nico ended up not having therapy (some paperwork issue) and since I can't go to Curves anyway since Mark isn't here to watch Nico, at least this way I have something productive to do with him besides chasing him up and down the strip mall.

*Tuesday - Nico has gymnastics in the morning. All the boys bowl in the afternoon. From there we are going to go pick up Nico's party supplies and then Christopher has a video game survey in the city at 6p so I'll drop him off there and then try to feed and entertain the other 3 for 2hrs without losing what little sanity I have managed to retain.

* Wednesday - Jon has speech at 9:30a. Mike and Rita are coming down to watch Nico while I have the big boys at their face-to-face meeting with their teacher at 11a. Bless them for this because I was starting to hyperventilate at the thought of trying to manage that with Nico there and no other adult supervision. Of course, I still need to get ready for this by gathering up all the boys work samples, filling out PE logs, and a few other various recordkeeping tasks. I was going to do those this weekend after I took care of paying the bills but that one hour task took all day Sunday to still not get fully accomplished thanks to my darling children who are apparently completely incapable of sneezing without making sure I know about it. And no, apparently there was not another adult in the house that could answer the 5 bazillion inane questions they had. I was merely delusional that Mark was home and sitting right in front of them. Must have been an acid flashback or something. Oh, wait, I never did acid. Hmmmm....

* Wednesday night - Big boys have KSW again. No grocery shopping to do so I guess I'll be chasing Nico up and down the strip mall for an hour that night. Oh mere words cannot express the joy and rapture this thought brings.

*Thursday - Thankfully we are home most of the day, only going to game night in the evening. I'll be starting work on the cakes that day and trying to get some actual schoolwork done with Jon.

Oh, yes, and if all that weren't enough, Nico has learned how to use all of his push and ride on toys to climb over the gate leading to Mark's office and the boys room. You know, the two rooms in the house with zero babyproofing and filled with the worst choking hazards imaginable?!

Forget Calgon, I want Captain Jack and his rum to come take me away. The kids can go work for Capt Turner on the Flying Dutchman for a few days. Maybe then they'd decide that getting their work done is a good idea. *rolling eyes*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insights from the Dalai Lama:
Cultivating an attitude of compassion and developing a wisdom are slow processes. As you gradually internalize techniques for developing morality, concentration of mind, and wisdom, untamed states of mind become less and less frequent. You will need to practice these techniques day by day, year by year. As you transform your mind, you will transform your surroundings. Others will see the benefits of your practice of tolerance and love, and will work at bringing these practices into their own lives.

Generally speaking, it is better to keep one's own tradition. But among some people...there is an interest in Buddhism. Sometimes, because of their individual mental dispositions, they do find much in their own tradition that is effective, but they still want a spiritual practice. They feel a strong pull toward Buddhism, and then, of course, it is their right to follow Buddhism. After all, all religions belong to humanity. What's important is that once we make a decision to follow another religion we should keep in our minds that we must avoid criticizing our own previous tradition.

When I consider the lack of cooperation in human society, I can only conclude that it stems from ignorance of our interdependent nature.

Mischievous people often use religious faith for their own interests and create conflict. We have to look at the real message of all these traditions.

According to Buddhist teaching, there is a very close interdependence between the natural environment and the sentient beings living in it.



State of my sink: Shiny except for the lunch dishes from today.

No comments: