Saturday, February 16, 2008

Busy, but good day

Wow, where to start. Got up this morning not feeling nearly as sick as I did the last two days despite Nico getting up every 2hrs last night. Managed a shower (amazing how much better I felt after that) and even some breakfast. Then we packed up all the kids and went to our new bank to set up all our new accounts. Boy, was that every exciting. Thankfully not as exciting as the last time I set-up a checking account. I didn't receive any phone calls or pages telling me that I was pregnant (tho boy, that would have been REALLY exciting, huh?! NOT) Instead, we had the great joy of chasing Nico all around the bank while filling out paperwork and waiting to be seen. Thankfully I was able to do most of the work so Mark was on Nico patrol. After he signed all his papers, he took all the boys over to In-n-Out for lunch while I set-up all their accounts. I'm really hoping that with a bank we can actually walk into our, our days of "You have money, oh, wait, you spent some of it, we didn't mean that you could actually use it, let us take it away now that you've spent some and charge you for the 'privilege' of using it" is over. This way, they should be telling us if they are going to hold our money. I don't mind that they may feel the need to hold a larger check. You would think after 9+yrs with them and NEVER having had a check we deposited bounce and depositing checks from this same person for the last several years for the exact same amount, they'd have figured that it's going to be good and to just let us have it. And some years they would do just that. BUT what really honks me off is when they "give" us the money after we've done all the right things and then they decide a few days LATER to take it back out of the account, AFTER we thought we had it squared away, and THEN they CHARGE us "deposit advance fees" because they are so courteously allowing us the use of our money! We have not been bad customers, we were not constantly bouncing checks or anything of that nature to deserve that treatment. So we are gone. Poof! I'll be working on switching all our auto-debit stuff over this week and pray that we never have to go through all this again. I HATE switching banks!

After that, we came home and managed to get a few little projects done INCLUDING....Mark installed my new harddrive!!!! I now have a 500g drive to fill up with pictures! WooHoo!!! *doing the happy dance* I had basically filled up the harddrive on my laptop so I'm in the process of going through all my old picture folders, deleting the ones that didn't work, and transferring them over to the new drive. Then we'll be able to take that drive (since it's portable) to the machine in the living room and burn things to DVD for back-up. Yeah!!!

Then we dropped all the heathens, um, I mean monsters, no, that's not right either, the um, er, hmmm.....oh, yeah, kids, that's the word, kids off at the Kuk Sool Wan date night babysitting for a few hours. Apparently only one other child showed up so there were just the 5 boys there. Mark and I went out to dinner, ALONE, at the Sushi Bar. Then we went home, ALONE, watched a movie, ALONE, over drinks, ALONE. Wow, that was sort of cool getting to talk to my husband a bit. We didn't even spend the whole time talking about the kids. We did a little but also talked about his work situation and continued to try and come up with names for my photography business. Still working on that. I like "A Mother's Eye Portraits" but he's not sold on it. So we are still going back and forth to find the right thing. Any suggestions?

But now the kids are back. They just figured out that we took all the cords from their room connecting their Wii and DVD players to the TV as well as their DSs. We've been having way too many problems with them bugging for monitor time or just plain sneaking it when things aren't done so they've had everything removed for now and told their is no monitor time for children over the age of 5yrs, M-F. I really hope they can figure out that things need to change and will finally be willing to work WITH us, rather than the constant lip service that means nothing. *sigh*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insights from the Dalai Lama:
In order to achieve both internal and external progresses appropriate for modern times, having modern education is extremely important.

State of my sink: Not good, being sick does not for a shiny sink make unfortunately. I'm hoping to have that rectified tonight.

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

Catching up on your blog. Sorry to hear you've been sick. Hope you are finally feeling better.
So what bank are you with now? Inquiring minds want to know.
I've been reading the Nico Logs to Daddy. He had a good giggle.
I should probably print some out for Grandma tomorrow. She loves hearing about the kids.
Love
Me