The continuing adventures of Pooh, Christopher Robin and the 100 Acre Woods friends. We meet Tigger for the first time in these pages, much to the delight of Matthew and Jonathan. These books are just as sweet and innocent as can be and I'm still amazed that I hadn't read them for myself, let alone to the kids. I'm glad we have read the first two now (we'll do the poetry volumes later) and that I got to share these original stories with them. I definitely recommend them as a wonderful reading time with your children (ok, maybe not 2yr olds...Nico was much more interested in climbing on everyone than listening to the stories LOL).
This new morning reading/cuddle time is working well for the most part and we are actually able to get our reading time in together. For some reason, bedtime just hasn't worked for us so I'm glad I was inspired to start this. I think it's a nice introduction to the classics and the Jefferson style of education I would like to more fully embrace. We read a chapter or two (depending on length of the chapters) and then have a quick, simple discussion. It mostly consists of asking for their opinions on what their favorite part of the story was and asking them to think ahead to what might happen next but it's getting them thinking and talking so that's always a good thing. And they are enjoying being read to and the books themselves and that is the greatest gift I think I can give them.
1 comment:
Hmph!! I gave you copies of those books years ago. You should have read them then.
Oh You who love Tigger.
Hmph!!
Love
Mom
Post a Comment