Today was another crazy run around day and that is just the way our Saturdays are going to be until the end of July (and then once again from Sept-Nov). Mark took Nico to his gymnastics class this morning with Jonathan in tow. I left just before they got home to take the 2 biggest boys to KSW before heading over to Curves for me. After my workout, I stopped at Longs to get the Sunday papers and then GNC to pick up some vitamins for Mark and soy protein powder for both of us (Mark's been reading some muscle men magazines now and said this is what he needed and I figured I'd at least try the protein powder as the other supplements aren't ok while nursing). The big boys met me there and then we headed over to the local Farmers' Market to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies for the week. We got some beautiful fresh peas (6lbs worth that are almost gone now), artichokes, apricots, white nectarines, blueberries, fresh cinnamon bread, and pesto jack cheese. Very nummy stuff all around. Then it was back to the car to head over to Jonathan's soccer game where Mark was with the two little guys. I took over Nico duty while Jonathan was on the field so Mark could leave to take the bigger boys to see Iron Man.
I didn't see much of Jon's game running after Nico as I was. He climbed and slid down every mound of dirt he could find then headed back to the playground where he found some 4yr olds. He ran up to them and tried to tickle them which is his way of saying "hey, let's play" and a sort of tag like game ensued with Nico being constantly "it". He didn't mind tho and had fun running and chasing the other kids. If he lost interest because they got away too quickly, they came back closer and called his name and the chase was back on. It was so cute to watch. Almost as cute as his game of Nerf dart tag this evening with his brothers where every time they shot him he would fall down dead and then everyone would start busting up laughing. He's such a ham.
After soccer I brought 2nd pair home and fed them lunch and put Nico down for his nap. Jonathan was tired so helped me shell some peas but mostly just vegged. I did some laundry and talked to my Discovery Toys manager to tell her what I've done so far this week and what my next steps were. She thinks I've made a good start in establishing contacts and have good ideas moving forward. Hopefully some of them will pan out.
Mark and 1st pair got home so we scurried around getting the house picked up as his parents were coming for dinner. They arrived with a bunch of grazings so we grazed and played Bridge, then ate steak and fresh peas. Ahhhh...talk about a wonderful yet simple meal.
Now we are trying to
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
If in the mist of your enjoyment of the world you have a moment, try to help in however small a way those who are downtrodden and those who, for whatever reason, cannot or do not help themselves. Try not to turn away from those whose appearance is disturbing, from the ragged and unwell. Try never to think of them as inferior to yourself. If you can, try not even to think of yourself as better than the humblest beggar. You will look the same in your grave.
No comments:
Post a Comment