I read this book a couple of years ago on the recommendation of Travis (book pusher and later co-worker of Mark's) and enjoyed it but didn't think more upon it. Then the author came to town to sign her latest work in the series at our bookstore so I took the opportunity to go buy the rest of the series so far and get them signed. I remember truly enjoying the first book but with everything else on my shelves, it got pushed back...Until now.
I just got finished reading this one for the second time and Wow! I was still blown away by it. The characters are wonderfully written, the plot and political intrigue are superb, and the pace takes your breath away by the end. I couldn't put it down for the last 200 pages or so as I so enjoyed getting lost in that world. I would follow the story of Delaunay's anguisette, Kushiel's Dart, on the journey the god's have put her on any day. I wouldn't want to walk it with her tho.
No comments:
Post a Comment