Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I HATE hormones!

Last month I was crying at the drop of a hat, heck you didn't even need to drop the hat, just dangle it a bit and I would be in tears for hours. This month, touch the hat and I will hand it back to you on your head which I've just torn from your body and bashed in with heavy, blunt objects. Now, obviously I haven't actually done that part (tho last month I did do tons of crying) but man, oh man, one little misstep and I'm fuming for hours. I have zero patience with anyone or anything and of course, the kids are taking this opportunity to see how many of my buttons they can push. It's truly a miracle I haven't started calling military academies or boarding schools.

Needless to say, chocolate is everyone's friend right now. Not for them to eat but to throw in the opposite direction in the hopes I'll go chasing after that rather than continue to hunt them down. It's working...sort of.

As for getting things done today, miraculously I managed a few things tho not much. Nico has been in super, whiny, tantrumy mode for the last two days (just what I needed...NOT) so getting anything done requires pausing for his latest whine/tantrum every 2min. However I did manage to do:

  • school with Jonathan (2 math, 1 phonics, 2 science, & 2 music)
  • order his new math workbook (they don't supply the workbook in Math3, just the textbook)
  • get most of the general summer to do list written down plus the master bed/bath section
  • fax over Christopher's enrollment application to Ocean Grove
  • my Power90 workout
  • get kids to KSW
  • the grocery shopping
Not tons but considering it took 3hrs to get the kids to do a 5min pick up so I could do my workout which then took 1hr instead of 35min because I had to pause every 2min to deal with Nico I don't think it was too horrible. I'm hoping tomorrow is better tho. I'm really hoping the hormones recede soon for everyone's sake.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Insight from the Dalai Lama:
From the Buddhist point of view, meditation is spiritual discipline...that allows you to have some degree of control over your thoughts and emotions. Why is it that we don't succeed in enjoying the lasting happiness that we are seeking? Buddhism explains that our normal state of mind is such that our thoughts and emotions are wild and unruly, and since we lack the mental discipline needed to tame them, we are powerless to control them. As a result, they control us. And thoughts and emotions...tend to be controlled by our negative impulses rather than our positive ones. We need to reverse this cycle.

No comments: