So it finally opened amid much fanfare yesterday. I picked Mark up after work as I had the boys down in Morgan Hill at this awesome aquatic center my friends met up with us at. Since we were passing through and it wasn't too late, we decided to make a swing through and check it out.
I was impressed.
Very nice layout. Knowledgeable, helpful, friendly staff. One lady took the time to really help me make some informed decisions on some vitamins to try with Nico and figure out which of their liquid melatonins might work best for him. She also gave me some free samples to try with the boys of a different vitamin to see if they would like that. Another gentleman from the produce department handed me a pea that had been on the vine 2hrs previously. Wow! Talk about some fresh produce! We also had the sweetest strawberry ever while waiting in line to check out. The boys were in love with their cereal aisle, while Mark and I were thrilled with their bulk foods aisle. I also loved that they have the biobags in every size there so I don't have to special order those any more. Yeah! We were able to get everything Mark needed for the recipes he found for making his own granola, power, and rice crispy bars (3 different types of bars there, not all in one LOL).
Yes, things are pricier there which since we are counting pennies is bad so I don't see us doing the majority of our shopping there atm but hopefully things will start changing as our debt gets paid off since the quality of the products is very high. I don't think we'll be doing much meat buying there as their prices for that were much higher than I find reasonable, like $22/lb for salmon when we can get fresh salmon for $7/lb at the local fish markets and it's fresh caught here.
They are billing themselves as the "Community Market" in that their goods are as local as possible to cut down on shipping costs and to support the community where they are which I think is a wonderful thing. They are incredibly environmentally conscience and very green oriented. Since we are trying more and more to head that way ourselves, I can see spending more and more time and money there as time goes by. If you are ever near one (there are only two so far), I highly recommend checking them out.
1 comment:
There has been a New Leaf in Santa Cruz for some time now. Everyone I know who lives there loves the place.
Glad you have one too.
And Yes, all those kinds of places are expensive. Pick and Choose and get only what you need or Really Really Want.
Love
Mom
Post a Comment