Just thought I'd give a quick update on how things are going with the night weaning. He is still waking once every couple of days and asking to nurse but generally the fit is small if at all when he is told no. With the loss of his nap, he is also tending to go down earlier and we are not having to use the melatonin as often to get him to go down. He is even gracing us with this new thing called "sleeping through the night" for 9-10hrs straight! It's truly amazing and I have to say I'm enjoying it and feeling a wee bit spoiled. I've even been sleeping in until around 7a in the mornings to enjoy the feeling of catching up on those years of lost sleep and feeling actually, dare I say, rested.
Since this has been getting better for the last week and a half, I think we may actually be able to soon claim success on this. Heck, maybe I'll even be able to give up our TT habit. *gasp*
Just for the record tho, please don't be fooled into thinking by this post that he is actually getting tons of sleep like a normal child now. Far be it. His average is around 10hrs a day (so down a little) but it's just all done at night and he's sleeping through 2 nights out of 3 these days so it's a victory but sleep is still a precious commodity around here.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
If practices from my own tradition [Buddhism] can be brought together with scientific methods, then we may be able to take another small step toward alleviating human suffering.
1 comment:
i'm so glad he's sleeping more regularly, what a relief!! :)
Post a Comment