Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sleep & TV updates, pt.1

Last night wasn't great but not horrible either. Nico was up 15hrs straight on around 8½hrs of sleep and went down at 10p. He woke up at 3:45a but settled back in with us quickly but not deeply and woke again at 4:15a when I had to go pee. He had a fit for about 15min because I wouldn't nurse but eventually went back down until around 7:20a which gave him just under 9hrs of sleep for last night. He was generally cranky and asking to nurse constantly today. He took a nap in the car and slept through our outing to pick olallieberries and woke only as we got him back in the car for the return trip home. After our dinner out (which all things considering, he was actually decently behaved), he came home and immediately started begging to nurse and go to sleep. I was a bit worried since it was just after 7p so we managed to stall for a bit and I finally started nursing him at 8:45p and he was down 30min later. We'll see what tonight holds.

As for the TV thing, there was basically no TV this weekend and everyone survived. Nico had the hardest time with it and I need to make sure that everything is well hidden before he wakes tomorrow morning but having to have things out for school is going to be almost impossible. Still trying to figure out how we'll work it all out since he doesn't really understand what is going on. We did have company much of the weekend, including a sleep-over so the boys got to watch a movie last night with their cousins (and I'm guessing that more than one may have been watched) and a little TV this morning since their uncle was watching some but that's been it. They even managed a longer car ride without the DVD player and everyone lived to tell the tale. I know they won't thank me for this any time soon but I do think this will be a good thing (even if Mark is still grumbling at me for it, but he's another addict).

No comments: