Yep, we've looked at things and tried to make little changes here and there but things are now so prevalent that it's become super easy (and a lot cheaper) to do the right thing by our environment so we have made the plunge to start cutting out the plastic grocery bags from our lives. This has been a big one for us as we do reuse them and recycle them when we have too many. I kept looking at the reusable shopping bags but hey, what was I going to do for our daily catbox clean-up and to line small trashcans? The answer came with this, a biodegradable pet waste bag! Mark rolled his eyes a little when I brought it up but agreed that we could afford to spend $40/yr to not use plastic grocery bags. And when buying those, I also got cotton produce bags and those green bags for preserving fresh fruits & vegetables longer. I really like that the main ingredient is a natural clay and that they are washable so can be reused several times. Always a plus in my book.
We are also starting to look into dual-flush or low-water flush toilets for the house. The boys have already broken the new toilet seat we put on 6mos ago and the top to the tank (again) and with the current drought in CA (and 6 people in the house) it seems like a good way to go. We are also starting to look at low-flow showeheads. We've been watching the new channel, Planet Green, and specifically the shows where people are remodeling their houses to be more environmentally friendly and it's nice to see that more and more of the low-flow appliances have been made in such a way as to not impact how they perform. Sounds good to me!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
Buddhists text speak of four principal obstacles that one must overcome for meditation to be successful. The third is mental laxity, which means that our mind is unable to retain sharpness and clarity.
1 comment:
Ah, reusablebags.com One of the wonders of the world. I love shopping there.
And thanks for the pointing out the BioBags, I know Laura, one of the ladies who cares for Mom, will love having those for her dog.
Must not shop at reusablebags... That place is dangerous!
Love
Mom
Post a Comment