Monday, June 16, 2008

Owie!!!

Or that's what I would be saying if I had the breath to talk. Mark burned a copy of Power90 for us to try and I did the Cardio 1-2 today for the first time. I'm not sure my body will ever speak to me again, especially my ab and calf muscles. They are currently rebelling and threatening me with dire things should I ever attempt it again. We'll see what they say tonight after my Curves workout. I'm guessing they'll disown me long before I try out the Sculpt or whatever the other one was on the Power90 tomorrow. At least if they do disown me, I won't have to listen to them complain, right?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Insight from the Dalai Lama:
I have heard the occasional Westerner maintain that long-term Gandhian struggles employing nonviolent passive resistance do not suit everybody, and that such courses of action are more natural in the East. Because Westerners are active, they tend to seek immediate results in all situations, even at the cost of their lives. This approach, I believe, is not always beneficial. But surely the practice of nonviolence suits us all. It simply calls for determination.

No comments: