Monday, June 23, 2008

Just another Manic Monday

Can't get that song out of my head today. It started off bad with a nasty email from someone on one of my boards talking about how apparently 5 people on a board of 75 is a consensus and that as admins its our job to do what those 5 want and if we aren't, she'll take care of it. What freaking ever lady. Do the math. 5 out of 75 is not any kind of consensus, majority, or anything else that has the authority to make decisions for the rest without having some actual reason to, like oh, I don't know, maybe being elected into the position and then actually upholding the rules the MAJORITY voted in. UGH!!!! I can't believe the self-centeredness of that so called "consensus".

So that started off my day. I then put all that energy of wanting to tell her off into doing some more of the cleaning and decluttering instead. Didn't help how I felt but at least it was a more productive use for my time and energy. LOL

So here's what I did manage to get done today (besides not saying anything to someone who needs to be told a good deal):

  • Finished cleaning the one shelf that had the VHS stuff on it including getting it all dusted and started in on the second shelf on that case.
  • Taught one lesson of phonics, 2 lessons of music, and one lesson of language arts to Jonathan.
  • Took Jonathan and Nico to their therapy
  • Worked out at Curves
  • Did my Power90 Abs100 workout
  • Found out when the local recycling center is open
  • Dropped off a couple of borrowed items at various houses
  • Bundled up my 3 bags of stuffed animals for donation and had the boys go through theirs and get another bag bundled up of their stuff
  • Put the stuffed animals up on Freecycle
  • Put a few other items up that I found up on Freecycle
  • Put the Baby Stuff up for sale on CMC website (and sold a couple of things already)
  • Called around and got phone numbers for contractors that can level the house
  • Called said contractors and started getting quotes and leaving messages to set-up appointments for estimates
  • Labeled Calendar Cut-outs
  • Filled out the paperwork for Christopher's Ocean Grove enrollment. I'll finish getting everything together tomorrow and get it faxed over.
  • Got the new registration sticker on my truck
  • Called K12 because Jonathan's new math course materials have gone missing. Apparently someone named Bouhay in Brisbane has them now. Lovely. They are about to shut down shipments to do inventory so it maybe another 2wks before we get his new math course. Thankfully he's a year ahead in math so it's really not a big deal but still. It's his favorite subject and I want to see if I can order him a workbook to go with his textbook since writing out all the problems would be hard for him and I want to encourage his independence there since it's currently the only subject he can basically do with little instruction.
  • Called UPS to try and find the other package that was supposed to be delivered today as well as just casually ask why my son's math materials were delivered to some guy I've never heard of in a city I don't have anything to do with.
Mark is off at some whiskey tasting thing to smooze with people tonight. He was home to help with dinner and dishes and then off again so I get to finish getting everyone ready for bed.

Christopher was a total pill today, completely self-absorbed. He broke a dish because it was in his way and rather than move it he shoved it out of his way and it shattered so I got to clean that up as well. He flopped on my bed while I was on the phone with K12 and continued to sit there while Jonathan shrieked because Nico was biting him. He continued to lay there as I was pulling Nico off him to put him on time out and get an ice pack for Jonathan (Matthew as in the bathroom the whole time). I thought perhaps the bed had grown arms or some magnetic wave to keep him so ensconced upon it (hey, it's a new bed, I don't know) especially as I'm still on the phone through all this while Nico is screaming about his time out. Apparently the bed was just fine and he just couldn't be bothered to move his butt. At that point, I'd had enough of him and sent him to his room, mostly for his protection because I was ready to throttle him. He went to sleep and woke with a migraine so I'll cut him some slack and let him live until tomorrow at least. If he keeps this up tho, I'll cease to buy that it was the migraine that caused the behavior especially since none of it was new, just more screaming in your face obvious.

The other three are currently tearing apart my bed and running around like maniacs while I write this. I'm sure that will help immensely with their falling asleep now.

Where's Calgon when you need him?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Insight from the Dalai Lama:
I know a physicist from Chile who told me it is not appropriate for a scientist to be biased towards science because of his love and passion for it. I am a Buddhist practitioner, and have a lot of faith and respect in the teachings of Buddha. However, if I mix up my love for and attachment for Buddhism, then my mind shall be biased towards it. A biased mind, which never sees the compete picture, cannot grasp the reality. And any action that results from such a state of mind will not be in tune with reality.

1 comment:

Auntie M said...

Sounds like life is just... Fun?
Well, may be not.
*hugs*
Love
Mom