Thursday, August 27, 2009

Taking care of me

Went to see the chiro this morning as I've been having a lot of problems with my back and neck which have then be causing headaches and dizzy spells. This has definitely made me less productive, cranky, and kept me from working out. All of which would be classified as bad things. I've known I should get in for a while, but like with everything else when it comes to taking care of me, I've put it off. It's not even a money thing like some of the other stuff since it's covered by insurance and it's not a huge time sink like many things as my chiro is local. I don't know why I put these things off. It's like the fact that I need a haircut and haven't gotten around to that yet either. I mean heck, it's only been 3yrs since my last one. That is one area I really need to make major improvements on.

Anyway, so I see the chiro and big surprise, my back and neck are all messed due to tension I'm keeping in my shoulders. The tension points were hard as a rock and I know I'll be sore tomorrow having them worked on today. I made a point of making another appointment to go back in two weeks and will do every other week for the next month or two at least to see if I can get my back in better shape. I'm also going to stop the workout routine I was doing which does a ton of stuff in plank position which is definitely aggravating my shoulder tension and try something else that works those muscles in a different way that doesn't strain them quite so much.

I think while I'm at it, I need to make an appointement to get my hair cut, an eye exam (I want contacts anyway), and talk to Mark to find a way to start getting my teeth worked on. If only his work schedule were a bit more stable these things wouldn't be nearly the scheduling feat that they end up being. *sigh*

No comments: