Mark found a louse on his hair this morning. We started checking the kids and sure enough found that Matthew was infested with babies and the other kids had at least a few a piece. I have no freaking clue where they could have come from tho. If you go by the usual adage that whoever has the most was first infected it would have had to be Matthew but he hasn't been anywhere away from the rest of us and especially not in a situation where lice would be prevalent. It boggles the mind. Of course, I was already well behind in all the house stuff that needs to get done so having to go through and deal with this was just the icing on the cake. Since the humongous pile of laundry had all been on my bed at some time over the past week, we deemed it prudent (okay, maybe I deemed it prudent and everyone else felt I was being anal but didn't care to argue which is fine too) to rewash all of it. We ended up taking over much of the laundromat here for most of the day to get it done and I still have a few loads that I'm taking care of here. Just tons of fun. And to think I get to do this all over again next weekend too. Ugh!!!
Is there someway to say enough is enough already?! 2xs in one year when I took care of them properly the first time is just too much. And to do it right now when I'm already feeling overwhelmed and so far behind is just the icing on the cake. I spent over an hour folding clothes already tonight and barely made a dent in the pile. I have to get that finished and try to get menus planned tomorrow morning so I can do the grocery shopping while Jonathan is at therapy which is really the only time I have for it. And I still don't have our school schedules or chore charts done so that's been making things crazy as no one knows what they are supposed to be doing or when except for they know what lessons they are supposed to do each day but getting them to do when things aren't explicitly spelled out as to when they should do what is always so much fun.
I'm off to collapse now and let Mark comb through my head. He checked it earlier and I already used the Rid but we didn't have a chance to comb it all out yet. That's always so much fun too. Really. Can't you hear my excitement?
1 comment:
Poor Jennie
*hugs*
Love
Mom
Post a Comment