Tuesday, August 18, 2009

104:72 Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison

The first in the Rachel Morgan Hollows series. I've read it before but it was years ago and didn't impress me enough to go searching out the others in the series but I've heard it gets better and better and so I decided to give it another go. In fact, decided to just buy the series and read it all (well, put it on my wishlist and ended up with Mark buying it all for me). I enjoyed this one a lot better the second time around. Not sure if it's that I just finished reading school stuff so this was a nice fluff break or what, but hey, there it is. I will admit there were a few places where it seemed to move a bit slowly and then just as I would start counting pages to see how many til I was done, it would pick up and race off again. Not a heavy read, not big on the romance angle that is so prevalent among urban fantasy these days, but still a fun universe to chill out in. I'm reading the second now and it's been much easier to get into.

Page count: 416p/22,260p ytd

No comments: