Monday, November 03, 2008

So tired today

The last couple of days things have just gone wrong when it comes to me getting much sleep. It's not anyone's fault but the end result is the same in that I'm just exhausted and now I need to get out of the cycle of over-caffeinate to stay up and moving and then not being able to sleep at night as a result. The rainy, gray weather hasn't been helping with my energy level either but it will get better I'm confidant and the best news is that even as tired as I am, I've been keeping my cool with things rather than blowing up over the little things. Definitely a big step for me as a person and mother.

In another effort to stimulate my brain and get some energy going (or should I say another failed attempt LOL) I went through the two 1001 book lists to see what changed for me personally in terms of how many I've read and have sitting in the house to read between the two and also to look for any little clues of what changed (I wasn't about to use the brain power to go through and find the 280+ books that changed thank you LOL). It looks like the big thing was that in the first list they would have several books by the same author and that struck me as the biggest change is that they seemed to have gone in and really paired that down which I think is good since odds are if you read the couple that are on the list and like them, you'll likely go out and track down more stuff by that person and by taking some of the books that aren't as strong and adding in new authors, you are expanding the list even further and therefore expanding what people will read even further. Always a good thing in my opnion.

So here's how I stacked up:

2006 2008
Read - 22 21
Own - 63 54

Not a big change in those that I've read off the list but definitely a change in what I owned to read and again, I think a big part of that is the cutting down of books by a single author since I bought many of those in complete editions but that's ok. I'll read it all anyway. :)

No comments: