Friday, November 07, 2008

Funny conversation

I was brushing Nico's teeth tonight and got treated to yet more insights from him. First, he insists that he brushes first. This involves sucking all the toothpaste off the toothbrush and sort of swirling it around in his mouth. Then he hands it to me and says proudly "I done, all done, I done, no more". I told him he could be done brushing his teeth but that mommy still needed to brush them. He said "I done, me done, mommy more". I told him that was right, he was done but mommy needed to do more. He opened up and let me brush his teeth without a fight.

What was so neat was hearing him stringing all those words together and putting together a bunch of two word sentences and hearing his though process. I'm so thrilled for him that he's finally starting to be able to get some of this out of his head and shared with us.

Now he and Jonathan are reading together in his bed. It's been a crazy day and Nico's been earning his nickname but it's these quiet moments that help remind me it won't always be this crazy with him.

No comments: