Ok, so two weeks ago we had to cancel soccer games due to rain. Today, we were all out there dying in the heat. Parents are wearing shorts and we can't get water into the kids fast enough. It's making it impossible to get anything done around the house because I just want to stick my head in the freezer or melt into a puddle. The boys complain about being too hot to work but apparently that does not apply to making the messes nor fighting with each or running through the house like their usual maniac selves.
The other problem I have is bookshelf space. I ran out a few weeks ago so I pulled myself away from the bookstores. Then I found some bookshelves on freecycle which we've picked up but haven't had the time to rearrange the house to put in. I got some new books for my birthday (ThankYou Mom!) and then made the mistake today of checking out a local thrifstore during their half off sale. Yep, you guessed it, more books entered my life. I couldn't help it. I ended up with 10 books for $2.74. Some are in great condition, some are more well-loved, and a few have light writing in them but still....I couldn't help myself. That's what an addict does. Now the problem is finding space to put them. Hmmmm....
In good news tho, today was the last soccer game of the season. I still don't know which U12 boys team got into the regional tournament. I know it makes me a horrible parent but I'm praying it wasn't ours. Matthew would rather it's not ours as well so I guess that helps to alleviate any guilt on my part. And I've told the board in no uncertain terms that I am NOT doing the ref coordinating next year. I HATE that job. If we had enough refs, or even close to enough refs, I wouldn't mind it so much but it's impossible with no refs and I'm tired of spending hours emailing and calling people trying to get refs for all the games. I'm taking over the website from the person who was doing it which will be enough of a job since that also involves doing all the schedules and other word processing but at least if they don't get me what I need, that's their bad. I don't have to go hunting for what we don't have.
Off to go see if I can finish another book while drinking some cold root beer to see if I can cool off enough that some energy will return so I can get something done this evening.
2 comments:
Of course I fed your book addiction, isn't that what enablers are for? I've been enabling that addiction since you were an infant.
I'm a Good Mommy. :D
Love
Mom
No sympathy on the heat! It's snowing today. Sympathy on the book addiction though. I've decided I'm just going to have to keep my non-fiction in boxes. Either that or pray that an HGTV show comes and puts built-in bookcases in every room! For me, the all digital library cannot arrive too soon.
Post a Comment