Sunday, November 09, 2008

A day with friends

So I didn't manage to get as much done as I was wanting this weekend (I know, what else is new) but it was for very good reason. Yesterday we had soccer, in the rain (boy that was fun), and then I was over at a fellow homeschooling mom's house where she was once again bestowing her wisdom and materials upon me for Matthew. She's been homeschooling for close to 18yrs and is just a wealth of knowledge and resources and I'm very thankful that she is so free with both. Then today, Mike came over and we were visited by Jen and Luisa as well for a few hours. Now Mike brought whiskey for Mark, as usual, but Jen and Luisa brought me good chocolate and tea. We had a conversation a few weeks ago comparing our favorite chocolate places so they had to bring me some of their favorite, Dilettante, to compare with my Cocoa Bella and Teuscher's. So I guess I should give my verdict. I think for a purer chocolate truffle with just a touch of champagne taste I'm going to give the nod to Teuscher. I really like how the different flavors compliment each other and it's got more pure chocolate taste to it. The Dilatantte champagne trufle has a touch of fruit flavor mixed in with it which is good, please do not get me wrong on that, but wasn't what I was expecting. I had the mocha truflle tonight and was delighted with the taste of coffee beans in the truffle filling, very nice touch. I had two of the bittersweet chocolate truffles so allowed Mark to have one which he seemed to enjoy. His palette is a bit whiskified so I know better than to ask him to comment on the complexities of chocolate. He's lucky I graced him with a piece and he knows it. LOL

So the verdict....All three are wonderful and I have to say that it really depends more on what taste sensation you are in the mood for as to what will hit that pleasure spot in your mouth and brain at the time. The Dilattante does seem to run more towards fruit flavors, however mild, rather than the others which I like occasionally but not daily but still, I think you would have a hard time rating any of them as "better" than the others.

Now I just need to finish having my little room padded and I can lay in my stash of all three chocolates, plenty of books, and water and I'll have my own little happy place.

No comments: