Mark's been telling me to read this one for a while and since he had my captive in the car for several hours during the drive home yesterday and knew I'm getting desperate since there is basically a month left to the year and I still needed to finish 15 books, he offered to read it to me. Gotta love a man who will support these weird things you challenge yourself too (he also finished posting my blog entry last night since the network kept crashing when I was trying to post during dinner). He managed to get all but the last 10 pages read during our trip home. Too bad he didn't start before LA. LOL I finished it up myself this morning.
On to the book. I had no idea what to expect from it except that Disney would somehow be involved. It did involve Disney but man, no way could I have predicted this story line. Set far in the future where death has been cured, everyone is hooked into the net so you have instant information about everyone and everything available at the blink of an eye, people can download things directly to you, and everything is run on a meritocracy. We follow Jules around as he has come back to DisneyWorld to reinvent himself after dying and being brought back from a back-up copy. This time, he ends up staying at DisneyWorld rather than moving on and we see why that is a huge mistake for him. Trapped in webs of lies and deceptions, murdered but brought back into a flawed copy, trying to save the Haunted Mansion. Definitely a must read for SciFi fans and Disneyfiles alike.
No comments:
Post a Comment