Wednesday, November 05, 2008

52:83 The Marvelous Land of Oz by L. Frank Baum

The 2nd book in the Oz series. The boys absolutely loved it and came running out with the 3rd book as soon as I'd finished reading this one to them. A lovely adventure by all means and made even better by reading it with a little one on each side. I had been warned by a few people to be careful how they may react to the finding of Ozma and the transformation of Tip but apparently they had been glancing at the back of the book when I wasn't looking and they were totally fine with the whole thing. I think they understand that Old Mombi isn't laying in wait to transform them any time soon. LOL

But really, it was a lovely book and the boys are looking forward to continuing the series. I was hoping to start on the "Little House" books next as we need to do that for school but I've been outvoted. LOL Hmmm....maybe if we read the third book quickly enough, they won't have a choice but to do the Little House books while they wait for their Hannukah book bags to give them a few more.

1 comment:

linda said...

Ian actually enjoyed Little Women, although he was less than thrilled about it at the start. Also, if #2 son has not yet read Catherine, Called Birdy for school, he should. The book is wickedly funny, and some of the realities of the time will both make him laugh and give him cause for thought. Like when the heroine laments that the cooks have turned the bathtub over for the winter, so there will be no baths again until spring (eeew!).