Friday, March 14, 2008

Why do we do this????

It's apparently inevitable. You get some weird preliminary diagnosis or heck, just find out what you are being tested for, and you go to google and start looking up every buzz word the dr threw out at you to make your own diagnosis. This is inevitably incorrect, especially as all you hear are worst case scenarios, time wasting, and paranoia inducing. I've always, ALWAYS, told people whenever they are undergoing treatment or tests for something to back away from the google search engine.

So why in the name of all that is holy is it that the second I get a notice saying that Nico's lab results are available do I go check them out and then start googling over one I can't even be sure is abnormal or not because the format they gave the result in does not conform to the format the results range is in anywhere. Ugh, ugh, ugh!!!!

I'm off to go bang my head into a wall for doing the dumbest thing ever (especially since I KNEW it was the dumbest thing ever when I did it) and then pray that the Dr. adds notes to the records or calls me soon, definitely much sooner than our follow-up phone call on April 15. Not sure my few threads of sanity can wait that long to know what is going on with my baby.

(ETA: You all knew I couldn't just leave this alone so I did some more digging cause I'm that moronic and talked to a few friends that work in labs, others who have had thyroid problems, and compared them to Matthew's results from Sept and they do look normal so I'm breathing easier. It makes a lot of sense for both of them to have normal results and respond well to the melatonin and basically be dealing with the same issues. I do almost wonder tho if there isn't something environmental since it's affecting both of them at the same time when Matthew was an awesome sleeper as a baby. Hmmmm....something else to ponder)

In the good news tho, he's been responding well to the melatonin, going to sleep about 30-40min after being dosed the past two nights. Hopefully that will continue and we'll all get a bit more sleep around here.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
When we die nothing can be taken with us but the seeds of our life's work and our spiritual knowledge.


Sate of my sink: In need of work. I did a load of dishes yesterday but I still have a bit to do and the dishwasher didn't finish running until after I went to bed.

No comments: