Thursday, March 20, 2008

Where to start?

It's just been a crazy, busy week here and I'm not entirely sure where all the time has gone too. It just seems like I wake up in the morning at the ungodly hour of 5:30a, blink, and it's 11p so time to go to bed but with very little accomplished. I hate weeks like that! I'm going to try and do a quick fill-in on the basics around here quickly.

*Nico and the melatonin. Bottom line, when he takes it, things are good. He falls asleep easier and earlier, doesn't wake more than usual in the middle of the night, is easier to wake up in the morning while being a nicer child, and still naps. Unfortunately, he hates the taste of it and half the time refuses to take it at all no matter what we put it in. *sigh* He liked the Hawaiian Punch last night so tonight I have some orange soda laying around and we'll see if he likes that. Morale of this story....My sleep is all important after 20mos of not getting any and it's definitely more important than the harm from giving him a 1/4c of soda before teeth brushing and bed. Nuff said.

*Matthew is doing well and seems to be healing nicely. However, as he says "IT ITCHES!!!!!" Only 3 more weeks til his next appointment to see if things are healed enough to remove the cast. He's not amused. On the good side tho, besides his cheerful attitude (he keeps finding reasons to state how lucky he is even through this), he has a wonderful topic for his persuasive essay. *evil grin*

*Christopher is continuing to go to the school of hardknocks when it comes to learning the value of completing work quickly and efficiently. He is now having to do his schoolwork in the dining room with the rest of us and will be moving to a corner on the floor if he doesn't stop distracting Matthew. Somehow Matthew still manages to get most of his work done even when he's been being dragged to various appointments for the other kids while Christopher, who stays home, can't. *sigh* I hope he gets out of this phase soon cause it sucks.

*Jonathan is continuing to improve in his reading by leaps and bounds. It's taking very little time to go over the new concepts each day in his phonics and I'm getting a lot less resistance when it's time for him to read aloud to me. I can't believe he's almost 7 tho. Where the heck does the time keep going???

*Mark's work still seems to be constantly on fire for something or other and it always seems to be something that only he can do. You'd think that would be a good thing except that all the fires always get in the way of what his actual job is supposed to be so he's been continuing to work late trying to do it all. He's getting really frustrated by it (as am I since he's hardly home and when he is, he's cranky) and I can only be supportive and pray that things start turning around there. He's determined to stick it out and see this company succeed.

*Me, well, I'm just running around like a chicken with my head chopped off trying to keep up with everything and everyone. We went to a hockey game last night which of course has all the sleep schedules way out of whack. Lovely. We are also leaving for SD tomorrow and will be gone a week between all our visiting and I have yet to pack anything or do much of anything to get us ready. I've been wanting too but this is the first time this week that I won't need to leave the house for several hours while trying to keep the schoolwork up with the kids too. I'll be posting my todo list next just to kick myself in the butt.


So those are the updates on us. Thank you everyone who has prayed for Jen and Jonathan. I heard this week that his levels are going down and that they will hopefully be trying to wean him from the IV soon. Please continue to pray for them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
If any sensible person thinks deeply, he will respect justice. There is an inborn appreciation and respect for justice within our human body. In children, we find what is natural to be the human character. But as they grow up, they develop a lot of conditioning and wrong attitudes. I often feel there is more truthfulness in a small child and I find reasons to have confidence in human courage and human nature.

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realized.

In reality I believe that economic advancement and respect for individual rights are closely linked. Society cannot fully maximize the economic advantage without granting its people civil and political rights.


State of my sink: Shiny!!! (I've managed to keep up at least that much, sort of)

No comments: