Sunday, March 30, 2008

It only took 3 days (+ 1mo)



But today I finally got our MWF MOTH schedule done. The TTh one will be a lot easier since much of it can be copied from this one but this one has so many added complexities with all the activities that get packed into them so I wanted it done first. The one downside to the schedule is it looks like I have to get up at 5:15a in order to get done everything I need to do at the times I need to do them (thank you so much my non-sleeping one) but if his Nickness cooperates, I should be getting bed by 10:30p so not a horrid amount of sleep (even if I can still count on at least one wake-up a night). Of course I know that by the time we actually get disciplined about using it and it has become routine, we'll be onto our summer schedule, but hopefully that same discipline and at least the morning and evening routines can carry over through the summer and then into the following year. Yeah, yeah, you can stop laughing at my delusions now. Hope, prayer, and faith are the only things that keep me from running away screaming into the night. Let me keep them.


In other fun things this weekend, I got to see something I haven't seen in, oh, must be 10yrs now:



Yep, that's my hubby in a TIE!!!! (okay, and even the tux 10yrs ago was collarless so no tie) He was pouring for Diageo at the Worlds of Whiskey expo this weekend and having a grand old time for himself. As the dutiful little wife, I've been very supportive of his whiskey passion but hey, a girl can only hold back so much before busting out in laughter and this one did me in. Yes, I think he's terribly handsome no matter what but seeing my headbanging, mosh-pitting, earring wearing, tattooed husband in a white shirt and black tie was just too much for me. So I laughed long and hard, til the tears rolled down my cheeks...but not until after I had snapped the picture so I could share with everyone. Who knows, this could be better blackmail than anything else I'll ever get on him. He finally found something worth selling out for.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
Compassion is what we must strive to cultivate in ourselves, and we must develop it from a limited amount to the limitless.


State of my sink: Shiny except a few dinner dishes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't he wear a tie to my sister's wedding 5 years ago?

Auntie M said...

Mark in a Tie! I had to laugh too.
That and thinking your kids will actually let you keep a schedule.
Good Luck Mommy.
Love
Mom