I don't have time or energy to go into details on the major stuff, like the homeschool court decision, so I'll make separate posts on those tomorrow. I just wanted to hit on a couple of quick, fun things that happened today, mostly so I don't forget them later. LOL
*Matthew finally got his own cell phone. He's only been bugging me about having one for over a year now. I originally told him when he graduated 5th grade, then it was when he started college for kids (which is when Chris got his), and well....he got it today. LOL Mark and Chris both had their phones die on them and need replacing so since Mark was there dealing with that, he decided to grab Matthew a phone too and be done with it all.
*We have one small problem with the above...Matthew and Christopher now have identical phones. I've ordered phone covers for them (one in a red flame job, the other black with a blue dragon) but in order to tell them apart for now, the boys have personalized their wallpaper with penguins and Naruto respectively. I did make them pay for their covers tho and they will have to pay for ringtones either with cash or their green behavior discs.
*I have new phone envy.
*Apparently so does Jonathan.
*Got through game night without Mark tonight. I left about 8:30p when Jonathan started running through the restaurant with the high chairs (like he does every month *sigh*) and took the two littles home and had a friend drop the older two off later.
*Played 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed with Jon and Nico. It's the first time we've tried actually playing a game with Nico (since he's barely 2, go figure). No, he didn't move the pieces according to the rules (we gave him his own to play with) but by the end, he had figured out how to wait his turn, spin the spinner, and imitate the actions we were supposed to act out for the different squares. Afterwards, Jon started bugging me for a bath and saying "plllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!" to which Nico added his voice of "peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". Yes, they got a bath and Jon even washed Nico's hair. Gotta love moments like those. Of course, this was after the two of them had managed to break the top of the toilet tank. No, I didn't ask because frankly, I don't want to know.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
To develop patience, you need someone who willfully hurts you. Such people give us real opportunities to practice tolerance. They test our inner strength in a way that even our guru cannot. Basically, patience protects us from being discouraged.
State of my sink: Shiny!!!!
1 comment:
Yum, Red Phone Covers. :)
That's ok. My phone (almost two years old) is starting to not hold a charge. Going to see if it's a fleeting thing, but if it continues, I'll have to get a new battery or a new phone. I prefer a battery.
I take it the toilet will still work? But How did they do that?
I heard the State Superintendent of Schools on the radio yesterday. He has No Interest in forcing the Home Schooling kids back into public schools. Especially the parents like you who are using a charter school to oversee what you are doing. He is taking the limited approach that this is a ruling for the one set of parents and may be that school district. So it is annoying but should be ok for you as of now.
Love
Me
Post a Comment