Monday, March 03, 2008

Can this day please be over?????

Please, please, pretty please!!!! My day started at 3:30a with Nico waking up and refusing to go back to sleep for close to 20min. He repeated this at 5a. I didn't get to sleep until around 12m and was up and moving by 6:30a this morning. Well, when I say moving, that is only by the loosest definition as it was sort of a slug-like crawl over to the tea kettle to start that, then over to start the laundry, then over to do the dishes while the tea steeped. I finally got all the kids up and moving by 8a, jumped through the shower and sat down to eat breakfast at 8:55a but at least everyone that needed to be out of the house by 9:15a was dressed and had either already eaten or was eating with me. Then the phone rang at 9a, about 6 bites into breakfast. I spent the next 10min on the phone with Ortho explaining the situation with Matthew to them and trying to figure out what could be done to make him more comfortable. I get told, they are going to check back and I tell them to call my cell since I would be with Jon and Nico at therapy.

I got 3 phone calls during therapy trying to figure out how they were going to handle things and finally got it settled on us coming in at 1:30p to get seen. This then had me calling MIL to ask her to watch the other three boys so I didn't have to chase Nico all over Ortho while trying to take care of Matthew. Of course, the timing of all this left me getting home at 11:30a and needing to leave at 12n. Don't be fooled for a second into thinking that I spent that 1/2hr doing sensible like eating. I was too busy dealing with canceling Matthew's activities for the week.

The next 4hrs are spent dropping off the boys with MIL, getting fast food lunch for Matt and I (4th FF meal in 5 days, *blech*), getting to Ortho, watching them take his cast off, seeing the bruise from the break and the head of the pin that is in his arm, watch him get recast (red this time), wait for xrays, wait for Dr to read xrays and release us, wait to get appointment for recheck in 5wks but gleefully get to cancel the appointment for later this week and the one for next, get other boys from MILs, find out that Nico slipped on the rocks surrounding her koi pond and tore a hole in the netting over it (she seemed a bit upset by this but I have to wonder why he was climbing on those rocks without her being right next to him to he wouldn't fall into the pond???), getting home and putting Nico to sleep.

Then I took a deep breath.

Then I helped Chris with his math, answered phone calls, took Jon and Chris to KSW, arranged to get Matthew's account there put on hold, did the grocery shopping, picked up the boys, and came home.

Then I got to call Kaiser and poison control because daddy left Matthew's tylenol with codeine down and Nico unscrewed the cap and we are pretty sure drank some. We literally had just barely turned our attention from him to dinner and back to him so we know he couldn't have gotten much but still. Ugh!!!! I still want to know what possessed that pharmacist to NOT put a childproof cap on that stuff I'll never know.

I'm going to go eat dinner now and pray that I'm done with Drs for a few days.

No comments: