Tuesday, March 04, 2008

52:13 Managers of Their Homes by Steve and Terri Maxwell

I read this book when I was pregnant with Nico and we were trying to get a good schedule going for homeschooling and adding a new baby to our lives. I spent a lot of time working on it but having the baby that refused to be scheduled, well, that kind of threw some big crimps into things. Now that he's 2 and into EVERYTHING and with all our various activities and therapies and such, I'm really feeling the need for a more clear schedule especially for scheduling Nico's time with big brothers and filling more of his time with activities to try and keep him from accomplishing his plans for world destruction and domination.

So I reread the book and am once again excited about trying to get us on a schedule. I know we need 2 different ones since we have morning activities MWF and afternoon activities TTh but that's ok. I'm starting to get things more organized in a few areas that will help kick the schedule off tho I admit things have been a little crazy since Matt broke his arm but I'm hoping to get the rest of us back doing some of our routines this week and hopefully can start working Matt back in next week as his healing progresses.

This is truly a fabulous book on how to make it all work to accomplish what NEEDS to be done, how to work in things you would like to do, how to say no to what won't work, how to deal with interruptions that are going to crop up, and a whole lot more. I'll be working in some of the FLYLady stuff with my schedule as well and my next read is Managers of Their Chores. I'm sure my children won't enjoy seeing me deeply absorbed in that book. LOL

No comments: