Friday, March 07, 2008

Watch out for exploding signs!

We've had an explosion of new signs from Nico this past week. Still not much in actual words but he is now trying to sign milk, apple, mommy, play, and cheese. It's so funny because if I ask him to say something, he remains silent but if I show him the sign, he'll imitate that. He is definitely determined to do things in his own way at his own time.

Oh, and while I wasn't able to get a pic of this it would probably fall under a "What posses him to do these things?" He wandered into the kitchen to grab a snack but instead decided to pour oil all over the kitchen floor. Go figure that his feet then became covered in oil and on a linoleum floor, he went sliding and down. I heard him get upset and went to investigate to find the mess he had made. All I can say is that thankfully, it was maybe a cup of oil not an entire container and it was the cheap Mazola not the expensive olive oil. Ahhh....the little things in life to be thankful for.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Insight from the Dalai Lama:
Whatever forms of meditation you practice, the most important point is to apply mindfulness continuously, and make a sustained effort. It is unrealistic to expect results from meditation within a short period of time. What is required is continuous sustained effort.

State of my sink: Shiny!!!

No comments: