Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Why, oh why don't they get it???

I love my boys dearly but I'm having a real hard time figuring them out right now. We are almost done with "official" school time but for the life of them, they can't figure out how to settle down and finish up a day's work in under 12hrs! And I've assigned them 1/2 days worth of work. I understand the break is right around the corner and have tried to make sure they they could be done by lunch or just after so as to increase their play time. Instead, they fight me on it and drag their heels and fuss and call out to each other about some video game crapola or whatever other stupid little thing they can find to distract them from doing their work. Which in turn means more work for me as I have to be constantly on them to get it done which means I'm not able to really get into any of the gazillion projects I have that need tending to (bills anyone???). I just can't fathom why they would rather take hours to not get it done which means they just come back to it the next day on top of not getting any video game time instead of getting it done quickly and having the rest of the day to play. I keep pointing it out to them too and they keep saying they want time to play....Well Prove It!!!! Do the work and stop torturing all of us!!!



End Rant



Okay, I know I said I was going to try to stay positive on these but after spending over $500 to fix my car, the big boys refusing to get their work done, Jonathan not listening to me and sneaking tv everytime I was off trying to deal with the big boys not working, Nico being seriously cranky, and both he and I dealing with thrush for the 7th time (no joking)....well, I'm just having a hard time seeing much positive in the day.



Oh, wait....My sink is shining again! Nico did take a bit of a nap this morning and I was able to do a little laundry, the dishes, and polish my sink up real pretty. And Mark even took care of the dishes while I folded laundry tonight. My truck is running again. And his highness is finally asleep and not screaming at me.

No comments: