I'm sooooo done with school with the kids. Too bad the state says we still have another week to go. Ugh! I think Jonathan has the right idea in hiding under the crib so no one can find him (for those who are paranoid, he climbs under there from the back and calls it his secret hiding place, I only make sure there is room there so he doesn't damage anything, honest!). On a good note, we had our face-to-face with our teacher today. Even tho I homeschool, we do it through a state run charter so I have paperwork to fill out and work samples to turn in to prove we aren't just sitting around eating bonbons and watching tv all day (we do but I make sure the kids do their one work sample to turn in so we don't get in trouble.....shhhhhh!).
Christopher is advancing to the 7th grade with no problems. We are still trying to get his new math course in now instead of having to wait til the start of the new school year so we can try to keep summer brain rot to a minimum. He already has the materials for Language Arts and Literature so to help with it as well.
Matthew will be starting 3rd grade in the fall but has been working with the 3rd grade materials for a few months now. His big goal is to finish 3rd grade math over the summer so he can start 4th grade math in the fall. I think my biggest challenge will be keeping him from doing all his science over the summer months to the exclusion of all else. Mostly because the number of labs and amount of time it would require from me is waaaaay more than I want to think about over this summer.
Jonathan is going to be starting Kindergarten in the fall but I'll be doing my own program for him to start with. I keep waffling about putting him in with the boys but it's a whole lot of work and I'm not sure either one of us is up for it. I have started doing some work with him with Math Mastermind and his Bright Minds workbooks (Can you find me?, Building Thinking Skills, and Mind Benders). I got some new books for him today to work on over the summer and we'll probably start Hooked on Phonics as well. What he really needs tho is mommy to find a few minutes to call the school district about his speech therapy tho. I can see that being a big problem for him with reading.
One huge thing for me is that I contacted a few people today about getting a mother's helper and babysitter. I have several big projects that need to get done and this summer would be a great time but Nico needs so much attention that it's impossible to get the time I need on them during the week and our weekends are always full. I also want to start trying to get out with Mark every other week or so, even if its just for an hour of drinks and appetizers, so we can reconnect. After having Jonathan in our bed for years and him only moving on once I was pregnant with Nico, it's definitely put us into full-time parent mode and I want to find that husband/wife relationship again. Here's hoping that they don't run screaming when they hear that I have 4 boys! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment