Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

So I think Mark had a good Father's Day. We picked up the PS2 guitar and game on Friday for him and I had already ordered a few dvds on Amazon. He woke up this morning to coffee and the kids were actually quiet enough that he got to sleep in (why couldn't they do this on Mother's Day???).


So here sits my husband with his new toy and new son, a cup of coffee nearby. What more could any man ask for? Why an outing to Malibu Grand Prix for race car driving with his boys! So off we went to spend a few hours driving the kids around the race track. I actually managed a few respectable times (under 1min) and then the awful lap of over 2min because I was trying to make Jonathan happy and he didn't like the way his head went "bumpity bumpity around" when we went fast. LOL


After the track it was time for dinner. We ended up at Windy City Pizza which does NOT make Chicago style pizza! Yes, I'm now an authority on it and that wasn't it. What made it even worse is that they had menus and brochures of Edwardo's and Giordano's up on the walls showing exactly what they SHOULD have been making. Seeing those menu's really made me miss Chicago and the great time I had with my friends there last month. Mark is saying we need to win the lotto so we can start up a pizza place that serves real Chicago-style pizza but on a sourdough crust to make it more San Franciscan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You went to Windy City, around the corner from my house, and you didn't call me?!

This is because you were saving me from the NON-Chicago-style pizza, right?

When they were on the corner of Ralston and El Camino 10 or 12 years ago, it was a favorite eatery, but much less so lately -- I am usually outvoted for the choice of games on TV.

Frisky

Anonymous said...

You went to Windy City, around the corner from my house, and you didn't call me?!

This is because you were saving me from the NON-Chicago-style pizza, right?

When they were on the corner of Ralston and El Camino 10 or 12 years ago, it was a favorite eatery, but much less so lately -- I am usually outvoted for the choice of games on TV.

Frisky