Friday, June 09, 2006

I love this age!

It's hard to pick a favorite stage of a baby or child's life but this age is definitely right up there. Nico is so alert these days and so responsive to the world around him (maybe a little too much so during a feeding). I love watching him trying to figure things out. I love seeing that smile that melts my heart or hearing him start to laugh out loud. Angels must sound like that when they sing. It's truly the most beautiful sound in the world.

What's even more fun is that he is now getting into actually playing with his toys. It used to be that he liked watching his brothers shake, rattle, and roll for his amusement but these days, he's the one shaken things (before putting them in his mouth of course). What's even better is the look in his eyes when he tries to grab something or push it and it makes noise back. He is starting to find that funny and laugh when it happens.

Of course with all this has come the new game he loves to play with his brothers....Fetch! Boy, he's picked that one up quick and so have Matthew and Jonathan. LOL I'm wondering how long before they tire of it. I know it won't be before he does.

But with all this play comes a new time as well...NAP!!! He's actually been starting to nap a bit more these days and this must be what Angels look like when they sleep. His nighttime sleeps haven't been what we are used to but he is starting to nap for maybe 20min in his crib a few times a day and the 2hr naps in the swing are becoming a bit more regular. Maybe if I put him in the swing at a regular time each day, he might give me that lovely 2-3hr daily nap I've been craving. Hmmmmm....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! It's so uplifting and you write so well. You say so many things about motherhood that I feel.

Matthew does get some great pictures. Hope he likes his new camera.

sis said...

beautiful photos, what a darling angel he is! and the swing, well, if that's where he sleeps, go for it!! i've had 3 who napped only in the swing, and they got out eventually :-)

Anonymous said...

Naps are wonderful things. You would actually take one, so this must be from the other side of the family :).

Course you gave me naps and then would scream half the night with colic, so it wasn't idylic.

No Naps and no colic actually isn't so bad...

But glad he's using so much energy he needs one now. But that might be part of the reason he isn't sleeping so long at night.