
I used to hate Mondays but I've gotten over that. Tuesdays on the other hand always leave me breathless. With trying to get the kids to get anything done this close to summer vacation (and who is looking forward to that more, them or me?!) and so off their schedules, add in a gymnastics class for Jonathan in the afternoon followed immediately by Christopher's trampoline class, and now since that wasn't crazy enough, Jonathan's soccer practice starts at the same time Christopher's trampoline class ends. Hard to be in two places at once since I still haven't figured out how to clone myself (tho apparently I'm good at cloning my children) so we are always late. Today the soccer bag didn't get put in the truck so we had to come back during Christopher's class to get Jonathan's gear. We got there late and practice let out early due to several meltdowns by the players (tho I'm happy to report that Jonathan wasn't one of them).
So all in all, Tuesdays are a busy day after what is usually a more peaceful Monday. I'm looking forward to Wednesdays more and more now. A usually unremarkable day of the week, I'm happy to spend it at home doing some catch-up around the house when Nico lets me. The big boys have their gymnastics but I'm thankful that we live close enough that they can walk. If I'm truly lucky, Nico will nap while they are gone and I can get dinner started in peace and then spend some quiet time with Jonathan. It's so rare to have quiet 1-1 time with any of the boys and I treasure it. His current favorite things to do with me are play Uno Splash! or his workbook called "Can you find me?". He just finished the Pre-K book and we are now starting the K-1 book which thrilled him at what a big boy he is (and made mommy just a little sad).
So here's to Wednesday....My midweek Saturday
1 comment:
I'll have to check into the Can You Find Me? book. Love the soccer pic!
Post a Comment